The Zivic Guinea Pig Heart Slicer Matrix allows an investigator or research scientist to slice repeatable coronal, sagittal, or axial sections of a guinea pig heart, enabling precise blocking prior to microtome sectioning and the removal of small, reproducible tissue regions for biochemical or histological analysis, such as the evaluation and quantification of infarction. Zivic Guinea Pig Heart Slicers are made by research scientists, for research scientists. Each matrix is made of high quality stainless steel and is available in two orientations: coronal (slice channels cut perpendicular to the long axis of the heart) and sagittal (slice channels cut parallel to the long axis of the heart).
- Use this matrix to section the guinea pig into coronal, sagittal, or axial slices with thicknesses in increments as narrow as 1.0 mm.
- Each matrix is available in two orientations:
- CORONAL heart slicers: slice channels cut perpendicular to the long axis of the heart.
- SAGITTAL / AXIAL heart slicers: slice channels cut parallel to the long axis of the heart.
- Use with fresh or preserved guinea pig heart tissue (or similarly sized rodent tissue / organ).
- Each guinea pig heart matrix is identical to insure reproducible sections.
- Each slicer matrix is made from high-grade stainless steel.
- Dissection / Blocking of the guinea pig heart into coronal, sagittal, or axial sections.
- Sectioning the guinea pig heart prior to or post staining with agents included TTC or X-Gal-stain.
- Repeated isolation of guinea pig heart regions for further analysis or slide preparation.
- Tissue preparation.