The Zivic Rat Heart Slicer Matrix
allows an investigator or research scientist to slice repeatable coronal, sagittal, or axial sections of a rat heart, enabling precise blocking prior to microtome sectioning and the removal of small, reproducible tissue regions for biochemical or histological analysis, such as the evaluation and quantification of infarction. Zivic Rat Heart Slicers
are made by research scientists, for research scientists. Each matrix is made of high quality, polished acrylic or stainless steel and is available in two orientations: coronal (slice channels cut perpendicular to the long axis of the heart) and sagittal/axial (slice channels cut parallel to the long axis of the heart). Acrylic rat heart slicers are an economical and reliable. Stainless steel rat heart slicers are the industry standard: autoclavable, precisely machined, great for cryogenic work, and built to last.
- Use this matrix to section the rat heart into coronal, sagittal, or axial slices with thicknesses in increments as narrow as 500 microns
- Slice intervals ranging from 500 microns to 3mm
- Designed to accommodate for unique anatomical features of the rat heart
- Each matrix is available in two orientations:
- CORONAL heart slicers: slice channels cut perpendicular to the long axis of the heart.
- SAGITTAL / AXIAL heart slicers: slice channels cut parallel to the long axis of the heart.
- Use with fresh or preserved heart tissue (or similarly sized rodent tissue / organ)
- Each rat heart matrix is identical to insure reproducible sections
- Each slicer matrix is made from high-grade, stainless steel or polished acrylic
- Dissection / Blocking of the rat heart into coronal, sagittal, or axial sections
- Sectioning the rat heart prior to or post staining with agents included TTC or X-Gal-stain
- Repeated isolation of rat heart regions for further analysis or slide preparation
- Tissue preparation