Zivic Monkey Brain Slicers aid in the dissection of discrete regions of the mouse brain. The Zivic Monkey Brain Slicer allows an investigator or research scientist to slice repeatable coronal or sagittal sections of a monkey brain, enabling precise blocking prior to microtome sectioning and the removal of small, reproducible brain regions (i.e. discrete terminal fields or nuclei) for biochemical analysis, such as the determination of neurotransmitter and metabolite concentrations. Individual brain areas may be either dissected or micropunched from the slices formed.
All monkey brain slicers are designed for long-term use and matrices of any given type are identical to insure reproducible sections. Channels are cut at precise intervals ranging from 2.0mm to 5.00mm.
- Slice intervals range from 2.0mm
- Available in Coronal or Sagittal orientation
- All matrices include a central sagittal slice channel, allowing the brain to be split into left and right hemispheres
- Designed for long-term use
- Matrices are identical to insure reproducible sections.