The Stainless Steel Zivic Rat Heart Slicer Matrix with 0.5 mm (500 micron) coronal section slice intervals allows an investigator or research scientist to slice repeatable coronal sections (slice channels are perpendicular to the long axis of the heart) of a rat heart. Thus, the rat heart slicer matrix enables precise blocking prior to microtome sectioning, and facilitates the excision or isolation of small, reproducible tissue regions for biochemical or histological analysis, such as the evaluation and quantification of infarction.
All Zivic Rat Heart Slicer Matrices are made by research scientists, for research scientists.
- Slice intervals spaced 0.5mm (500 microns) apart (slice channels are coronally oriented, i.e. perpendicular to the long axis of the heart)
- Use this matrix to section the rat heart into coronal slices with thicknesses in increments of 0.5mm (500 microns)
- Designed to accommodate for unique anatomical features of the rat heart
- Use with fresh or preserved heart tissue (or similarly sized rodent tissue / organ)
- Each rat heart matrix is identical to insure reproducible sections
- Comes ready to use, with 50 double edge razor blades provided at no additional cost
- Each slicer matrix is made from high-grade, stainless steel
- Stainless steel rat heart slicer matrices are autoclavable, precisely machined, great for cryogenic work, and built to last
- Dissection / Blocking of the rat heart into coronal sections
- Sectioning the rat heart prior to or post staining with agents included TTC or X-Gal-stain
- Repeated isolation of rat heart regions for further analysis or slide preparation
- Tissue preparation