The Zivic Guinea Pig Heart Slicer Matrix with 1.0 mm coronal section slice intervals allows an investigator or research scientist to slice repeatable coronal sections (slice channels are perpendicular to the long axis of the heart) of a guinea pig heart. Thus, the guinea pig heart slicer matrix enables precise blocking prior to microtome sectioning, and facilitates the excision or isolation of small, reproducible tissue regions for biochemical or histological analysis, such as the evaluation and quantification of infarction.
All Zivic Guinea Pig Heart Slicer Matrices are made by research scientists, for research scientists.
- Slice intervals spaced 1.0mm apart (slice channels are coronally oriented, i.e. perpendicular to the long axis of the heart)
- Use this matrix to section the guinea pig heart into coronal slices with thicknesses in increments of 1.0mm
- Use with fresh or preserved heart tissue (or similarly sized rodent tissue / organ)
- Each guinea pig heart matrix is identical to insure reproducible sections
- Comes ready to use, with 10 single edge razor blades provided at no additional cost
- Stainless steel guinea pig heart slicer matrices are autoclavable, precisely machined, great for cryogenic work, and built to last
- Dissection / Blocking of the guinea pig heart into coronal sections
- Sectioning the guinea pig heart prior to or post staining with agents included TTC or X-Gal-stain
- Repeated isolation of guinea pig heart regions for further analysis or slide preparation
- Tissue preparation