The Zivic Rabbit Heart Slicer Matrix with 2.0 mm coronal section slice intervals allows an investigator or research scientist to slice repeatable coronal sections (slice channels are perpendicular to the long axis of the heart) of a rabbit heart. Thus, the rabbit heart slicer matrix enables precise blocking prior to microtome sectioning, and facilitates the excision or isolation of small, reproducible tissue regions for biochemical or histological analysis, such as the evaluation and quantification of infarction.
All Zivic Rabbit Heart Slicer Matrices are made by research scientists, for research scientists.
- Slice intervals spaced 2.0mm apart (slice channels are coronally oriented, i.e. perpendicular to the long axis of the heart)
- Use this matrix to section the rabbit heart into coronal slices with thicknesses in increments of 2.0mm
- Use with fresh or preserved heart tissue (or similarly sized rodent tissue / organ)
- Each rabbit heart matrix is identical to insure reproducible sections
- Comes ready to use, with 10 extra long single edge razor blades provided at no additional cost. More blades can be purchased in lots of 25 (catalog code: BLADELL25-S)
- Aluminum rabbit heart slicer matrices are autoclavable, precisely machined, great for cryogenic work, and built to last
- Dissection / Blocking of the rabbit heart into coronal sections
- Sectioning the rabbit heart prior to or post staining with agents included TTC or X-Gal-stain
- Repeated isolation of rabbit heart regions for further analysis or slide preparation
- Tissue preparation
- BLADELL25-S: Extra Long Razor Blades are ideally suited for the Rabbit Heart Slicer